Therese Ryan, one of Ireland’s leading stress management and wellbeing experts, empowers individuals and organisations to create positive changes which result in improved health, work enjoyment and performance. She started her career as a nurse and a fitness instructor, before going on to become the national ‘Health Marketing Manager’ with Stock Vital GmbH for Richmond Marketing. It was her experience in the health and corporate world that motivated her to continue her studies in the areas of work performance and wellbeing management.
She is consulted regularly by both the press and broadcast media for her advice and opinions. Her work has been published in the professional health and fitness journals as well as featuring on RTE 1 Health Shows 'Health Of The Nation' and 'How Long Will You Live?
She was an executive committee member on the International Stress Management Association (UK), for three years from 2005-2008, (ISMA UK) which is the umbrella body for all issues of stress management in the UK and Ireland. She was also a committee member on The Mediation Institute of Ireland (M.I.I) Communications Committee from 2007-2009.
- Time Management Mentoring.
- Life Coaching.
- Business Coaching and leadership development.
- Conflict Resolution Coaching.
- Stress Management.
- Workplace Mediation.
- Facilitation of team meetings.
- Development and delivery of work peroformance and wellbeing training programmes.
- Carrying out workplace stress audits and implementing the H.S.A Work Positive tool.
- Development and review of workplace policy and procedures for stress and conflict management.
- Return to work interviews.
- Stress reports.
- Expert witness for court cases.
- Masters in Organisational Conflict Resolution and Mediation - University College Dublin.
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing Studies) - University of Limerick.
- Diploma in Organisational and Workplace mediation – CRMC & University College Dublin.
- Diploma in Stress Management – ISMA (UK) approved, Dublin.
- Diploma in Nursing Studies - University of Limerick.
- Certified Mediator - Mediation Institute of Ireland.
- Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner - International N.L.P Trainers Association; London; UK.
- Life/Business Coaching - Coaching Academy, Bond University, Queensland.
- Train the Trainer - Fetac level 6.
- National Certificate in Exercise and Fitness - University of Limerick.
- Certified Office Administrator – H.S.I College, Limerick.
- Registered General Nurse - Limerick Regional Hospital & University of Limerick, Limerick.
- Head of ISMA (UK) in Ireland from 2005-2008.
- Member of Mediation Institute of Ireland (MII) Communications Committee (2007-2009).
- Finalist in (Ireland) Shell Live Wire entrepreneur of the year awards 2006.
Approved Professional Bodies:
- International Coaching Federation.
- International Stress Management Association.
Therese has addressed the following conferences and forums;
- West Cork Enterprise BoardWomen in Business Networking Event; Time Management Seminar 'Getting your time to work for you', April 2012.
- Kerry County Enterprise Board Business Week Event; 'Making your time work for you', October, 2011.
- Limerick City and County Boards Summer Networking Event; 'Making stress work for you - How to manage stress to enhance your work, home and play', June 2011.
- Limerick City Enterprise Board Christmas Networking Event; 'Tips on how to be energized and healthy into 2011 while sustaining personal and business goal', December, 2010.
- Labour Women Skills Seminar; ' Women in Leadership' - Sustaining Political Performance, Cork, October, 2010.
- Limerick City Childcare Committee Parent Expo - Stress Management Seminar; October, 2010.
- Bounce & Beyond Baby Expo - Parenting with Zen , Galway,May, 2010.
- Strand Hotel, limerick, Corporate Thank You Evening – Getting The Balance Right; February, 2010.
- Limerick City & County Enterprise Board Women in Business Initiative – It’s a Juggling Act; April, 2009.
- National Council for Exercise & Fitness - The Annual Tutors’ Seminar; Managing Student Stress and Conflict; University of Limerick, June, 2008.
- Limerick County Enterprise Board Women in Business Initiative – Pamper & Perform, June, 2008.
- AONTAS Festival - “Celebrating Lifelong Learning” in UCC: University College Cork; Ireland; February, 2008.
- Vijai Electricals Ltd - Executive Chair Conference; Hyderabad; India; September, 2007.
- National Primary Care Conference - Birmingham; United Kingdom; May, 2006.
- AONTAS Festival - “Celebrating Lifelong Learning” in UCC: University College Cork; Ireland; January, 2006.
- National Fosters Care Association Conference - Killarney; November; 2006.
- Respiratory Nurses Association of Ireland - Athlone; September; 2006.
- Limerick Chamber SKILLNET 2006 Launch - Regional Conference on Workplace Training & Networking Session; May, 2006.