What is this course about?
A manager's most important, and most difficult, job is to manage people. You must lead, motivate, inspire, and encourage them. Sometimes you will have to hire, fire, and discipline or evaluate employees. This two part seminar helps participants to improve their management skills while developing the tools to sustain team effectiveness, motivation and manage difficult workplace situations.
What does the training cover?
This training is divided into two parts.
- People Management Part 1.
- The Transition from team player to manager can be daunting, as it requires a person to review and learn skills that will harness their team’s performance, ensuring that they are managing and not confusing their team
- People Management Part 2.
- As Conflict is inevitable in life and work, managers need to be aware of how best to prevent and manage it; otherwise it will spread and cause low team morale, haemorrhaging talent and profits from the organisation. This part of the programme helps managers to develop the confidence and awareness to manage and prevent conflict through best management practices.
What does People Management Day 1 Cover?
- What is effective delegation?
- How to insure you are Effective in how you Plan.
- How to insuring you are communicating to succeed.
- Running team meetings – the do’s and don’ts.
What does People Management Day 2 Cover?
- Understand the nature and causes of conflict.
- Understanding the importance of effectively managing staff complaints
- The procedures to implement to best manage complaints
- Understanding conflict management skills: communication, mediation, analysing the conflict situation, selecting the appropriate strategy
How long is the course?
This training package is delivered three half days, delivered two or three weeks apart. This provides participants with the opportunity to implement the learning and reviewing the results of the changes in their workplace as they progress through the programme. This supports participants as they develop and implement new management practices.
Who should attend?
This training is ideal person new to the role as manager or those existing managers who want to maximise their people management skills.
How do we book this management programme for our organisation?
Please contact Therese at email@example.com or 086-3109976 to discuss your booking.